Monday, October 17, 2011

A day to walk and a day to visit

Kevin headed out early to work and Kathyrn headed back to bed to get more zzz's. I decided to go for a walk along the seawall.Went the other direction away form downtown. It was a perfect clam quiet morning. There was fog north and east but bright blue skies in Nanaimo.

Seawall looking north


Blackberries  
 I walked to the end of the path and then up Cyress road a very steep climb to Terminal Ave. I could see where Save on Grocery store was so instead of 7-11 that I was looking for I headed down there. Went into Macdonalds and ordered breakfast which was my 2nd breakfast. Couldn't eat it all the place was so damn crowded and noisey. I walked out and there was a nice quite Starbucks that I should have gone to! Lesson learned. Bought grocery and headed down the bike path. In the shelter of the trees it was once again very warm. Got home all tired and sweaty. Kathryn was just waking up or I woke her when I came in not sure which. I took a nice hot shower. I had walked form 9 until noon. It was a long time for me but I felt good.

We headed over to visit with Bonnie and Ross on the 1:15 ferry to Gabriola Island. It is a most beautiful home on the most spectacular setting. Stunning is the word that comes to mind.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment