Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leaving Nanimo going to Vancouver


Left Nanaimo at sunrise on the 8:30 sailing. It was a calm crossing. I also got my favorite seat at the front of the ship in the corner. Perfect spot to relax in. 

Got on the 257 Express bus and it took me within 2 blocks of the YWCA hotel. I arrived at 11:05 thinking I could just leave my luggage but I was able to check in. My 3 night stay will cost me $226.00. The room is at the back not the front as the last time I stayed here. Room is so cute. Single bed, desk, bar fridge, shelves, closet and sink. Bonus TV in the room, I don’t remember having one before. I also have a shared washroom instead of the one down the hallway.

Went out to the art gallery for the afternoon. They only had 2 floors available for viewing. It was still very interesting as it always is. Walking back I stopped at the IGA grocery store.  Got enough food for the 3 days that I am here for.

 I
am a little nervous about the conference tomorrow. However I am looking forward to it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment