Monday, October 17, 2011

Long walk again

Went out to a place called Jack Point. It is where the Duke Point ferry terminal goes from. Confusing to me. Kevin has today off and he has a brand new Nikon D5000. Just taken it out of the box last week. Hasn't ever used it yet. So off we go a little chilly this morning. Again I am never sure what to dress in. We walked along the seashore and saw lot's of ocean birds. Loons, ducks and seagulls of course. Also many little birds that are migrating through. I don't know what they are but they sound good and look cute. Stepped out to see an overlook and  heard an eagle trilling. Looked up and there it was in the treetop looking down at us. He/She just keep watching us. Very neat to see.


Carried on to the end of the point where we saw a sea lion swimming. Can't get a very good picture because they just look like Ogo Pogo. The trail was very nice and easy going. I however found a pine cone to trip over and fell down on a big flat rock. I think I actually stepped on it and it rolled my foot out from under me. Ouch! that hurt. I was mostly happy that I had managed to put my camera away in the case and it came to no harm. I keep moving and that was good but I could feel my back stiffing up. Got back to K & K's had lunch then had a hot bath and I feel fine now. Tomorrow may be another story though.

I am going to make dinner tonight the Scallop and shrimp dinner that Shauna made for me. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment