Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Last day on the Island

Awoke after a restless night. Ate too much too late. My seafood dinner was so good last night, I should have stopped at one dish but I couldn't it was too good! I think the fresh scallops and the shrimp were what made it so good. I even had to take a picture of it. I think the baked goat Brie and rustic bread helped add to it.



When I did get going Kevin and I walked downtown to mail a parcel of baby clothes to Laura. They are in a beer case box. I hope she doesn't think it's got beer in it. We went to see the demonstration in the sqaure in front of the library. It was interesting to say the least. Tents are set up. Police are there to keep the peace. Lot's of signs and stuff written in chalk on the side walk. I thought it was fasinating, Kevin looked bored by it all. We carried on toward the store I wanted to go into. We detoured to a beautiful Native arts store. I found a Cowichan hat and matching gloves. They will last me my lifetime. I'll have to write them into my will. We got to the Lux store. I found a scarf for Jocelyn and some little items for Christmas gifts. Walked back to the house, had lunch, then a nap. When I woke up I went for a walk in Bowen Park. Beautiful fall colours. 



Went out to dinner at Gina's Mexican Retaurant. As always it was excellent. Got my favorite table. Walked back in a beautiful evening. The harbour was quiet and calm. Nice ending to my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment